martes, 24 de abril de 2018

Indonesia se retiraría del programa KFX/IFX

Indonesia Considers Pulling Out of KFX/IFX Project


Indonesia is considering withdrawing from the KFX/IFX development programme with South Korea. The reasons for the potential withdrawal include financing, technology sharing, and geopolitical factors. 


The Indonesian government is contemplating withdrawing from the programme with South Korea to develop the next-generation Korean Fighter Xperiment/Indonesia Fighter Xperiment (KFX/IFX) aircraft, Jane’s has learnt.

Speaking at the Defence Services Asia (DSA) 2018 exhibition in Kuala Lumpur Indonesian officials said that while the country’s involvement is currently continuing, several key issues are causing debate over whether participation should be terminated.

These issues include finances, the degree to which Indonesia is gaining “strategic technical benefits”, and what officials described as 'geopolitical factors'. Officials also indicated that Indonesia’s future participation in the programme is likely to be determined by its senior leadership, including President Joko Widodo.

One Indonesian industry source said, “Actually, money is not the main issue even though there have been some issues with this. The main factors in this decision are the technical advantages that Indonesia can get through the programme and some geopolitical factors that the Indonesian government must consider.”

In reference to these geopolitical factors, the industry source mentioned “Russia, the USA, South Korea”. He did not elaborate but it is understood by Jane’s that Indonesia’s involvement in the project has been a source of concern in the US, a key supplier of KFX/IFX technologies, which is wary about the country’s long-standing military-technical ties with Russia.

In January 2018 Indonesian defence officials stated in comments to local media that there is currently a shortfall of about IDR1.85 trillion (USD140 million) that needs to be paid to South Korea in return for its involvement in the KFX/IFX programme as per finance agreements signed in 2015. Jane’s understands that Indonesia’s repayments on the programme are behind by about 40% of its agreed financial commitment.

Jane's

Myanmar investiga accidente en caza F-7

Air Force to Investigates a Techical Failure on F-7 Aircraft


Chengdu F-7M Airguard - Myanmar Air Force 

Pilot dies in Myanmar military plane crash


YANGON (AFP) - A Myanmar pilot died on Tuesday (April 3) after a "technical failure" caused his military jet fighter to plummet into a paddy field in the centre of the country, the army said.

A live video on Facebook showed flames billowing up from the crash site near Kyunkone village about an hour away from the capital Naypyidaw.

Local people found the unconscious body of the pilot attached to his parachute nearby and tried to drag him away from the scattered debris for medical help.

The army chief's office later confirmed on its Facebook page that the crash was due to a "technical failure" and that the pilot died of his injuries on the way to a military hospital in nearby Taungoo town.

"An investigation is ongoing," the post added.

Police told AFP that the single-seater F-7 jet fighter went down around 10am on Tuesday morning while a military source said the pilot, Major Arkar Win, was in his mid-30s.

The F-7 is a Cold War era fighter jet - a Chinese made variant of the Soviet Union's MiG-21.

Myanmar has seen a spate of aviation accidents in recent years, including a devastating military plane crash in June last year in which 122 people were killed.

Bad weather caused the Chinese-built Shaanxi Y8, which was carrying dozens of soldiers and more than 70 relatives of servicemen, including 15 children, to plummet into the Andaman Sea.

It took days for rescue workers to pull bodies and parts of the aircraft, including the black box, from the sea.

Straits Times

lunes, 23 de abril de 2018

Gobierno quiere mandar tropas al exterior para que no jodan acá

Gobierno evalúa enviar militares a zonas de conflicto en África y Medio Oriente

El tema salió en una reunión con oficiales brasileños de Cancillería y Defensa. Se habla de una cooperación técnica y logística, sin grandes despliegues, en República Centroafricana, el Congo y el Líbano.

por  Ezequiel M. Chabay | El Cronista



Vehículos de las fuerzas de paz de la ONU pasan por zonas destruidas en el pueblo abandonado de Yade, en República Centroafricana. REUTERS

Tras haber cerrado las puertas a tal iniciativa, la Argentina evalúa nuevamente la posibilidad de cooperar efectivamente en operaciones de mantenimiento de paz al amparo de las Naciones Unidas en zonas fuertemente convulsionadas del planeta.
El tema reapareció en la mesa de discusión este lunes, en la primera Reunión del Diálogo Político—Estratégico entre la Argentina y Brasil, con los vicecancilleres Daniel Raimondi y Marcos Galvao; el secretario de Estrategia y Asuntos Militares, Horacio Chighizola, y el subjefe de Asuntos Internacionales del ministerio brasileño de Defensa, contralmirante Carlos Eduardo Horta Arentz.
Hoy la Argentina aporta a las misiones de paz 328 efectivos
Durante este encuentro, el primero en el formato “2+2”, los funcionarios de ambos países repasaron una agenda que incluyó apreciaciones sobre los conflictos armados globales y regionales, los desafíos en seguridad y defensa que conllevan las reuniones del G20 y la asociación en materia de producción de equipamiento militar para la defensa.

Una discusión que reaparece

Tres funcionarios de diferentes reparticiones y lados confirmaron a El Cronista que en el diálogo a puertas cerradas se analizó la posibilidad de que la Argentina se integre junto con Brasil en operaciones militares avaladas por la ONU para salvaguardar la estabilidad en países o territorios aquejados por guerras o conflictos internos.


 Un soldado de paz peruano armado con Galil perteneciente a la ONU brinda seguridad durante una misión de asistencia humanitaria en el poblado de Makunzi Wali, en República Centroafricana. REUTERS

En la actualidad, ambos países tienen una fuerte integración en sus centros de entrenamiento conjunto para la paz, con un habitual intercambio de oficiales. La intención brasileña es avanzar en “entrenamientos conjuntos combinados”, con vistas a probables despliegues de contingentes.
La novedad reside en que el Gobierno evalúe seriamente conceder al pedido que expresamente han hecho autoridades de Naciones Unidas, Estados Unidos y la Unión Europea, en varias oportunidades, tras rechazar una mayor asistencia en misiones de paz, a inicios de 2017, todavía con Susana Malcorra al frente de la Cancillería, y Julio Martínez en Defensa. El panorama hoy parecería distinto con el tándem Jorge Faurie—Oscar Aguad.

Destinos turbulentos

Entre los destinos señalados y todavía en evaluación aparece la República Centroafricana, donde ya hay presencia argentina. Este país, conocido como el “Vietnam africano”, vive constantes espirales de violencia que se han cobrado la vida de 14 Cascos Azules el último año. Brasil descartó el envío de tropas, pero la Argentina tiene allí dos oficiales en posiciones jerárquicas.
Otra en carpeta es la misión en la República Democrática del Congo, cuya misión de estabilización (conocida como Monusco) pasó a manos del general del ejército brasileño Elias Rodrigues Martins Filho. El Congo democrático, el segundo país más extenso del África, se halla asediado por guerrillas separatistas e incursiones militares de naciones extranjeras, ávidas de explotar el coltán, un mineral clave para la fabricación de componentes electrónicos.
El tercer destino en danza es el Líbano, donde Naciones Unidas apoya al gobierno local para asegurar el retiro de fuerzas israelíes de la frontera sur y el restablecimiento del control. Brasil tiene una fuerza naval allí y la intención es incorporar un observador de la Armada.
Aunque el requerimiento inicial es técnico, a través de ingenieros para la reconstrucción de caminos, la edificación de plantas para obtención de agua, y la atención sanitaria (como ocurre actualmente en Haití), la demanda “hoy se ha ampliado y no es exclusivamente logística”, aseguró a  El Cronista una fuente castrense.

La presencia argentina

Según al reporte de Naciones Unidas, elaborado cada mes, Argentina aporta a las misiones de paz 328 efectivos.
Los militares argentinos, en su mayoría infantes, están desplegados en Chipre (denominada UNFICYP, 276), Colombia (UNVMC, 26), Sudán del Sur (UNMISS, 9), Haití (MINUJUSTH, 6), Irak (UNAMI, 4), Sahara Occidental (MINURSO, 2), República Centroafricana (MINUSCA, 2), más otros 3 en la zona disputada por Israel y Palestina (UNTSO).

Indonesia sigue con la licitación para cazas nuevos

KSAU: Still Procurement Process, Many New Aircraft Will Complete the Air Force




Eurofighter Typhoon (photo: AIN)

ANGKASAREVIEW.COM - Air Force Chief of Staff (KSAU) Marshal TNI Yuyu Sutisna said, there are still many new aircraft to be purchased by the government to complete the needs of the Air Force.

According to this four-star high ranking officer, there are three concepts in the rejuvenation or renewal of the main weapon system (alutsista) in the Air Force.

First, for the weapon that is not "economical" anymore then the TNI AU will conduct phase out or grounded. "We will retire, we will stop," said KSAU answering reporters' questions at the Halim air base premiere on Saturday (7/4/2018).

Secondly, it is an alutsista that has been owned and can still be upgraded its ability (upgrade process). "What we can still improve ability, yes we will upgrade," he said.

The third, is by way of new procurement. New procurement is carried out according to the consideration and the mature study and to meet the needs adjusted with the times. And of course, alutsista replaced is considered not economical anymore.

"For now the Air Force is more on new procurement," said KSAU.

He pointed out, the F-5E / F Tiger II because it was no longer economical then then grounded by the Air Force.

"We stop and we have a replacement with a more sophisticated fighter. That is in accordance with the demands of generation four and a half, "he added.

The other new aircraft that will complement the Air Force, Yuyu's jabar, are five heavy transport units that are likely to be the C-130J Super Hercules.


F-16V Viper (photo: cool jet)

"For helicopters, we also add six units. In process. Then CASA 212 nine aircraft, then unmanned aircraft, amphibious aircraft (amphibious aircraft), missile weapons, and so forth. This is the process of all, "he said.

My mission, said Yuyu, is to accelerate this procurement. "Especially for which the budget already exists, so that it can quickly strengthen the strength of the country (TNI AU)."

Explained further, TNI AU in building its strength is faced with the possibility of developing threats. The development of force is pursued by planning that has been made from posture, strategic plan, and minimal underlying strength (MEF).

"The development of our power leads to it, both alutsista and human resources," said KSAU.

Yuyu admitted, associated with the defense equipment owned, when confronted with the geographical area of ​​Indonesia, the number is still very limited.

During a working visit to Lanud Roesmin Nurjadin on March 29, the 22nd KSAU also said the Hawk 100/200 aircraft owned by the Air Force must have had a replacement candidate because the aircraft will be 30 years old by 2025.

The replacement process will be implemented in Renstra IV period 2020-2024. Yuyu said, replacement aircraft must be from generation 4.5 or above.

Related candidates for Hawk 100/200, sources of Space Review elsewhere said, some manufacturers began to re-offer products. Among others Lockheed Martin with F-16V and Eurofighter with Typhoon.

Angkasa Review

domingo, 22 de abril de 2018

Pampa obliga a aterrizar a avioneta en Salta

Un avión de las Fuerzas Armadas interceptó y obligó a aterrizar a una avioneta ilegal en Salta





El Ministerio de Defensa informa que un avión I-A63 Pampa de la Fuerza Aérea Argentina (FAA) interceptó y obligó a aterrizar este mediodía a una avioneta modelo Cessna 182 que ingresó en forma ilegal al espacio aéreo nacional, en la provincia de Salta.

El vuelo fue detectado y declarado irregular a las 11.20, motivo por el cual un avión de la FAA fue desplegado para divisar la matrícula de la aeronave (LV-HIP) e interceptarla.

Durante la interceptación, las autoridades aéreas instaron a los ocupantes del Cessna a aterrizar en el aeropuerto de Tartagal, aunque finalmente lo hicieron en el aeródromo de Orán.

De inmediato se alertó a las Fuerzas de Seguridad, por lo que efectivos de Gendarmería Nacional se dirigieron al lugar de aterrizaje.

La operación formó parte del operativo Fronteras, en el marco del cual el Comando Operacional de las Fuerzas Armadas brinda apoyo en la protección y control del espacio aéreo a través de su Comando Aeroespacial.

Los LVTP-7 de la IMARA siguen siendo actualizados por Mecatrol

Los LVTP-7 de la IMARA siguen reviviendo


La empresa Argentina Mecatrol esta a punto de entregar el vehículo comando, el anterior había sido el recuperador, con esta nueva entrega serían 8 sobre los 12 previstos.

Juan Carlos Cicalesi


sábado, 21 de abril de 2018

Legionaria española sancionada por no asistir a desfile por cuidar a su hija

Tres días sin sueldo para una legionaria por no acudir a un acto para cuidar de su hija


  • La mujer explicó que no tenía con quién dejar a la niña y su marido también participaba en el desfile
La Vanguardia


Miembros de la Legión durante un desfile (Pablo Blazquez Dominguez / Getty)

Una legionaria del Tercio Juan de Austria, con base en Viator (Almería), ha sido sancionada con tres días sin sueldo por ausentarse de un acto conmemorativo a la patrona de la Infantería, la Inmaculada Concepción.

Los hechos, adelantados por el diario El País, se produjeron el pasado 8 de diciembre, cuando la mujer explicó que no tenía con quién dejar a su hija de dos años, ya que las guarderías se encontraban cerradas y su marido, también legionario, participaba en el desfile.

A pesar de la festividad, los militares tenían orden de acudir en el horario habitual

A pesar de la festividad, los militares tenían orden de acudir en el horario habitual. Ante esta situación, la mujer solicitó librar ese día aduciendo asuntos propios, cosa que le fue denegada, al igual que a su marido.

La resolución sancionadora recoge, según El País, que la soldado tiene la “responsabilidad desplegar los medios a su alcance, organizándose como estime conveniente, sin trasladar su deber de cuidado de los hijos a la institución castrense”.

No obstante, aunque esta cuenta con una reducción de jornada para el cuidado de la niña, su disfrute queda “supeditado a las necesidades del servicio”. Y en este caso, según se desprende de la sanción la festividad de la Inmaculada es parte de las “necesidades del servicio”.

viernes, 20 de abril de 2018

Putin suicidó a un periodista que lo investigaba

Russian investigative reporter dies after balcony fall

Authorities have said that Maksim Borodin's death was likely a suicide. But both his editor and friends disagree that Borodin, who wrote about crime and corruption, was suicidial.
DW


Russian reporter Maksim Borodin

Thirty-two-year-old Russian investigative journalist Maksim Borodin died suddenly over the weekend, his employer Novy Den confirmed on Monday. Authorities have described his death as a probable suicide, a narrative contested both by friends and Novy Den.

Borodin was found underneath the balconies of his building in the city of Yekaterinburg on April 12 and died three days later without having recovered consciousness.

According to the US government-funded Radio Free Europe, a policeman spokesman from  Sverdlovsk Oblast said it was "unlikely that this story is of a criminal nature." Police said that the reporter's fifth-floor apartment was locked from the inside, and that there was no sign of a break-in. They added that no suicide note had been found.


Security forces outside Borodin's apartment

Borodin's friend Vyacheslav Bashkov shared some details on Facebook on Sunday about the last time he spoke with the journalist. He claims Borodin called him at 5 in the morning on April 11, alarmed that his building was surrounded by what appeared to be security forces wearing camouflage and masks.

He told Bashkov that he was certain his apartment was about to be searched, but that the authorities were waiting on a warrant. Just one hour later, Bashkov wrote, Borodin called him back to say he had been mistaken and the officers appeared to be carrying out a drill.

Novy Dan's editor-in-chief Polina Rumyantseva has also said that she does not believe Borodin killed himself.

Borodin often wrote about public corruption and secrecy, most recently about Russian mercenaries who had been killed in Syria. Thousands have reportedly been covertly deployed to Syria by a secretive contractor believed to be funded by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a wealthy Putin ally recently indicted by the US over charges that he bankrolled a "troll factory" trying to influence the 2016 presidential election.

The deceased reporter had written an article in February about the bodies of the alleged mercenaries being buried in a nearby village.

Australia entrena con los B-52s americanos

Australia to Train with USAF B-52 Bombers


A United States Air Force (USAF) B-52 Stratofortress bomber stationed at Anderson Air Force Base, Guam, landed at Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Base Darwin on Tuesday 28 January 2014. 


Australia will host up to three United States Air Force (USAF) B-52 Stratofortress strategic bombers in Darwin as part of Enhanced Air Cooperation (EAC) initiative with the US.

The aircraft will take part in training activities with the Australian Defence Force from late March through to early April and will build on training activities already carried out between the US and Australia.

In November 2011, the Australian and US governments announced a broad concept for increased defence co-operation in Australia under the US Force Posture Initiatives. The initiatives comprise of annual deployments of US Marine Corps personnel and the EAC activities in Australia.

The USAF B-52 Bombers, from Pacific Air Force’s Andersen Air Force base in Guam, will train with Australia's F/A-18A Hornets and PC-9 aircraft as well as ADF Joint Terminal Attack Controllers in designated military airspace near RAAF Williamtown.

Defence said the training will provide the ADF with a valuable opportunity to integrate Royal Australian Air Force aircraft and ADF personnel with USAF B-52 Bombers in close air support scenarios.

EAC training exercises are designed to increase the ability of Australian and US air forces to operate together and to enhance security co-operation in the region.

RAAF Base Darwin has previously hosted USAF B-52 Bombers that took part in ADF training exercises in 2012, 2014 and 2016.

Defence Connect